Frank Frederickson was one of four cops gunned down by Clarence Boddicker. He escaped the carnage and identified Boddicker.
Fighting for his life in Henry Ford Memorial Hospital and despite good wishes from Casey Wong of Mediabreak, Frank lost his battle with his injuries later on in the day, much to the chagrin of his comrades.
Behind the scenesEdit
In the original script for RoboCop, the altercation between Frederickson and Clarence was described in detail, but was not filmed, presumably due to budget constraints:
- He is introduced cruising through the streets of Old Detroit with his partner Conners, whilst two more cops, Alcott and Duffy, are in a leading car. They're called to a disturbance, which turns out to be a naked woman running distressed through the streets. The officers share a bit of banter and a couple of jokes, but, as they turn a few corners, the lead car suddenly explodes into a coffin of fire. Alcott and Duffy fall out of the doors and onto the road. Shocked, Frederickson and Conners call for backup and a MediVac, but, predictably, both services are unavailable because of a lack of manpower and resources. The two officers move cautiously to their injured comrades, Conners covering them with a combat shotgun. Frederickson finds Duffy, who was female, dead, and Alcott convulsing and badly wounded by a shot to the chest.
- Suddenly, all Hell breaks loose. A five-shotgun barrage takes out Conners, and Frederickson starts shooting and retreating. He cops a shot in the leg, but staggers back to the cruiser and falls inside. He kicks the engine in the guts, but, before he can do anything else, another volley of shotgun fire destroys the windshield and badly wounds him in the face. Clarence closes in on the shocked, disorientated form of Frederickson, looks at his mangled face and, in his usual weaselly voice, gives him a message:
- "Go back and give your cop friends a message: Stay out of Old Detroit."
- With that, Clarence nudges the transmission into Drive with the muzzle of his shotgun and the cruiser lumbers drunkenly away, with Frederickson struggling to steer.
- As the gang prepare to leave, Emil sprays the cop's bodies with spray painted numbers, 29, 30 and 31, a grimly triumphant memorial of Clarence and his gang's kills.
- Meanwhile, Frederickson, who is losing consciousness, desperately tries to summon assistance again.
- "Officer needs assistance, sector GK2. Officer needs assistance in Old Detroit. Aw, Jesus... I'm all fucked up..."
- RoboCop (1987) (mentioned only)